Happy Friday ESQE Families!
We have a lot on the go as we head towards the holidays! Please keep informed with class news and our weekly communications so you don't miss anything! We are looking forward to some fun events ahead!
Friday, December 1st -Writing Day
You are invited to join your child in writing to friends and relatives for the holiday season on Friday, December 1st from 9:15-10:15. We’ll supply an assortment of writing paper and Christmas/winter cards. We encourage you to bring along any family members or friends so that every student has someone to write with them. Students are welcome to wear their pajamas to help get into the cozy winter holiday spirit!
Please make sure to check in with teachers at their classroom rather than the office for this busy event.
ESQE Winter Open House & Sound Kreations Performance -Save the date!
In case you missed it! What you need to know:
1) Our December Classroom Open House will be on Thursday, December 7th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Join us in some fun festivities in your child’s class! Connect with your child's teacher on more details.
- Families are welcome to attend an activity/craft or game in their child’s classroom.
- Have more than one child? Share the time between the classes, older students can be left with their classmates if you want to visit another class.
- Sound Kreations is back to put on an exciting show of Hip-Hop!
- The following classes will perform between 1:15pm to 2:00pm: Group A - Lapointe, Ryan, McQueen, Eade, Stewart, Castrillo, Parker, Dion, Hryhirchuk, Sorensen
- The following classes will perform between 2:15pm to 3:00pm: Group B - Miller, Goldman, West, Lazar, Keller, Regnier, Crighton, Georgy-Embree, Paquette
- Due to capacity limits, only 2 family members are able to attend. Unfortunately, we can’t accommodate more than two members per family - We appreciate your understanding with this.
- Also, due to capacity limits and to accommodate all families, you can only attend the show(s) your child or children are in. This may mean you attend both times if your children are in different groups but please do not attend both if this does not apply as we don’t want to have a family miss out due to not enough seating.
ESQE Writing Day!
- Please join us from 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. on Friday, December 1st. Students and their families will have the option of writing in the gym, the library or their classrooms. Please check in with your child’s teacher in the classroom first.
- As we will not be providing envelopes, please feel free to send your own cards and pre-addressed envelopes with your child. Unfortunately Canada Post is unable to sell stamps this year, so children will be bringing home their letters and cards for families to mail from home.
- For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas we encourage you to have your children write family letters.
- If your child would like to write a letter to Santa, please send an envelope with the correct return address and name for Santa to write back to you. There is no cost to send Santa a letter.
- Santa’s address is:
Here are some ways we can be fantastic allies:
Respect and Use the Right Pronouns: People might use pronouns like he/him, she/her, they/them, or others. Using the correct pronouns shows respect for their identity.
Listen and Learn: Being open to understanding and learning about different gender identities helps us support our friends and classmates better.
Stand Up Against Bullying: No one should be teased or mistreated because of their gender identity. Speaking up and supporting those who are targeted is crucial.
Be Kind and Inclusive: Creating an environment where everyone feels safe and valued promotes a positive school experience for all.
Remember, being an ally means being a friend who cares, respects, and supports others for who they truly are. By embracing diversity and standing together, we create a vibrant and welcoming community where everyone can thrive.
Elf Workshop: donations needed!
Our annual Elf Workshop will be held on Thursday, December 14th. This is an incredibly fun day for the students, where they get to shop (in the gym) for YOU, and everything is $1!Starting Monday, donations for the Elf Workshop will be collected in the foyer, outside the main office. You will see a box labelled “Elf Workshop” where you can neatly place your gently used items. Every Friday, they will be sorted and moved to their storage location in preparation for our event.
- For any absences or early pick-ups: please email [email protected] as this is more efficient than calling in.
- Please send your child to school with appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather, the rain is here!!
- Please remember to send a water bottle with your child
- We still need your help to keep our students and staff save in our parking lot. Please find a proper spot to park and do not park or idle in the bus loop or round about.
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home.
- Dec 1st ESQE Writing Day! Details ABOVE
- Dec 1st Hot Lunch Orders Due
- Dec 7th ESQE Open House 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Dec 8th Sound Kreations Concerts
- Dec 12th PAC Meeting @ 6:30pm in the SQE Library
- Dec 14th Elf Workshop
- Dec 15th Hot Lunch Day
- Dec 15th Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Dec 18th Popcorn Day
- Dec 22nd Last Day before Winter Break