We hope you get to enjoy some well-deserved sunshine this weekend! We had some very excited students this week as they prepared and put on our ESQE Celebration of Learning! Students shared a variety of projects for all of our families to enjoy. A big thank you to our staff and students for planning, organizing, and sharing all of the great learning happening at ESQE!
- May 1st Popcorn Day
- May 5th Professional Development Day - Schools Closed to students
- May 10th Fire Drill
- May 12th Hot Lunch Money Due
- May 18th Grade 3 Immunizations
- May 22nd Victoria Day Schools Closed
- May 24th Class Photo Day
- May 25th Outdoor Classroom Blessing Ceremony 11:00 - 12:00pm
- May 26th Hot Lunch Day
- May 26th Spirit Day - Stuffed Animal day!
- May 26th Spring Carnival
We are hoping more families can take advantage of the overflow gravel parking lot for drop off and pick up to avoid congestion at the front of the school. If you can make a new plan with your child to use the overflow parking lot rather than the round-about, emergency lanes, the bus lane, etc., we would really appreciate it. Students can easily access a safe route on to the field by the overflow to gain access to our front playground. Please leave the main entrance free and accessible to those that need that access. We are also looking for volunteers still to help support a kind and safe parking lot flow before and after school. Please email [email protected] if you would like to volunteer. Thank you for working with us as we continue to find ways to make the flow of traffic run more smoothly.
- Clothing/Accessories collection boxes in schools. We are looking for clothes to fit ages12-24.
- People to help display clothing by size & style on May 7th, and to bag all remaining clothing at the end of the day to be donated to Pearl’s Value & Vintage.
- New and unopened product donations (i.e. make up, hair care, toiletries).
- Financial donations to help us in purchasing binders, bras, breast forms, and gafs, as well as for name & gender change documentation fees, for those unable to afford them.
Mr. Castrillos grade 2/3 class has been up to some pretty amazing things this month! They embraced their inner scientist, completing experiments, embraced their inner gardener at the Squamish Can Farm, and even acted as a teacher to their little buddies, teaching them how to skip!
Online safety tips for parents and caregivers of elementary school-age children can be found on the Common Sense Media website - click here
- PAC would like to thank everyone for helping, creating, supporting and performing in Missoula this past weekend. We were extremely proud of the hard work all the students did, from acting to directing to making goodies for the bake sale, to helping with set up and tear down. Thank you!
- The Spring Carnival is Friday, May 26 from 3 to 7pm. We need volunteers to help make this happen. Please check with our Facebook page next week to find the sign up link for volunteering for a booth or bake sale contribution.
- Popcorn Day is Monday! Please bring $1 if your child would like popcorn.
- Got an idea? Opinion? We want to hear from you! We are currently working on our 2023-24 budget. Help us decide what experiences to include for your child(ren) by filling out this 7 minute survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H2JQQ5T
- Our next PAC meeting is Tuesday, May 9 at 6:30 pm in the library. Please come join and tell us what you'd like for next year - whether it's hot lunch idea or a school dance or a different musical theatre organization.